The Lifecycle Briefing is a monthly update on the news our Lifecyclers have been reading recently. In case you missed some of the big stories, here is a selection of the most interesting things we found on the web last month.
The NHS could make “significant dents” in plugging workforce shortages by working “smarter” and more efficiently, its chief strategy officer has said.
The government has rebuked NHS staff for misusing its e-procurement system Atamis to ‘test supplier experience’.
Read more (subscription required)
PPN 03/23, published 9 March, introduces a new Standard Selection Questionnaire (“SQ”) to be used for all new procurements subject to the Public Contracts Regulations 2015.
Lifecycle Comment: Lifecycle is now compliant with this change. Speak to your Account Manager for more information.
Four in 10 NHS hospitals in England are using outdated medical equipment, including 37-year-old X-ray machines, according to research from the Lib Dems, who are calling for extra funding to replace outdated devices.
The aims of its new clinical waste strategy could save the National Health System (NHS) approximately £11 million annually as well as reduce its carbon emissions from waste by approximately 30%.
Supplier experience should relate to both the internal experience and the external one, that is, to you as a procurement organization and to all stakeholders. There needs to be one source of truth around the supplier — a common repository with rich and current supplier information that will allow you to put yourself in the supplier’s shoes and feel the supplier experience.
The NHS is aiming to become the world’s first net-zero health service by 2040, through reducing the harmful gases it puts into the atmosphere, decarbonising the NHS Estate and reaching an 80% reduction in carbon emissions by 2028 to 2032.
• Matthew Hopkins leaves Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust. Read more
• Sandra MacQuillan joins NHS Supply Chain. Read more
• Leanne Cooper becomes Chief Operating Officer at Airedale NHS Foundation Trust. Read more
• Alice Webster appointed as CEO at The Queen Elizabeth Hospital King’s Lynn NHS Foundation Trust. Read more
• Employee Spotlight: delivering a large waste management tender to provide better visibility, service, and minimised risk for a North of England consortium. Read more